2017 National Carousel Fine Craft Show Preview Party
with Farm to Table Tastes and Craft Brews $35
Friday, March 24 – Sunday, March 26th
Kingsport Farmers Market
308 Clinchfield Street
Kingsport, TN 37660
The National Carousel Fine Craft Show honors the handcrafted legacy of the amazing Kingsport Carousel. Fine Craft Exhibitors will show and sell works of heirloom quality in a wide variety of media including wood, photography, jewelry, glass, furniture, fiber, and clay. Talks and demonstrations are sprinkled throughout the 3 day festival that begins with a Preview Party inviting culinary and music artistry to share the stage. The fine art and craft exhibitors are from Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio and Indiana.
Friday Night Preview Party
Tickets to the Preview Party are $35 and also include admission Saturday and Sunday. While you shop enjoy Farm to Table Tastes featuring locally sourced foods prepared by The Main Street Pizza Company and River Creek Farms. Craft Brews and a cash bar will also be available. Friday night will also feature the music by Gerald Sheppard – master maker of guitars and an accomplished musician. Gerald has been making fine guitars for serious musicians since 1993 and has two released CDs: In the Mornin’ and Never Reaching the End.
The preview party will have the following Farm to Table Tastes catered by Main Street Pizza and River Creek Farms:
- Lamb or Beef Meatballs with Sweet Potato Gnocchi-With fried sage, brown butter sauce
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Butternut Alfredo- Maple Cremini Mushrooms
- Cornbread and Collard Sandwich, Pulled Pork Option- Smoked Gouda, Green Tomato Bacon Jam
- Quinoa Power Salad with Winter Greens and Curried Root Veggies
The Rest of the Show
Saturday and Sunday the show and sale continue and will feature many talks/demos including Glass Blowing and a round-up of the region’s favorite food trucks. Funds raised by this event will support the programs of Engage Kingsport which include public art programs, including the Kingsport Carousel, and economic development and community engagement through the arts. On Saturday and Sunday the $3 day pass is available at the door. More information visit www.EngageKingsport.com to purchase tickets to the Preview Party are available by calling 423-392-8414 or click here.
Food Trucks and Demonstrations/Talks continue on Saturday and Sunday
- Me & K’s Food Truck — Tacos, hot pastrami, lettuce wraps. Fresh salsa/guacamole/seven layer bean dips.
- La Abejita – Tacos, tortas, sopes, burritos, quesadillas, drinks and salads.
- Backdraft – Pork, chicken, ribs, beef BBQ.
- Foodie Fiction – PHAT Burger, Smoked Brisket Soft Taco, Chicken Soft Taco, Caramelized Kimchi Quesadilla, Mac and Cheese Cubed, Hand-cut French Fries, Drinks.
- Fire in the Hole – Wood fired Pizza
- Feeding Frenzy – Signature Grilled Cheese with bacon, Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese, Honey Dijon Ham n Cheese, Mac Attack (pulled pork with mac n cheese on artisan bread) Reuben, Hawaiian Pork Grilled Cheese, Spicy Pimento Grilled Cheese, Loaded Potato Salad, Homemade Mac n Cheese, Honey Siracha Fries, Hand cut chips with dip, Bavarian Pretzels (cinnamon sugar or salt with beer cheese or mustard dip), soup, Drinks.
- Lil Delights – Fresh squeezed lemonade, Frozen Lemonade, Coffee Mochas, Hot Chocolate, Slushies, Fruit Smoothies, Tea, Nacho and Cheese, Chocolate dipped Cheesecake, Bananas, Strawberries, Hot Fudge and Mixed Berry Sundaes, Kettle Corn and Pork Rinds.
- 10 AM- Karl Joplin- Associate Professor in Biological Sciences, Bonsai
- 11 AM- Hibbert-Davis Urban Brews & Hibbert-Davis River Brews- Fresh Organic Coffee, Teas, Craft Beers, and Healthy Eating
- 12 Noon- K.C. St. Louis- Abingdon Olive Oil Co.
- 1 PM- Doug Lowman- AppRidge Chair Caning
- 2 PM- Aleta Chandler -ArtCurious Gallery- pottery wheel
- 3 PM – The Main St. Pizza Company & River Creek Farm -Pasta Making 101: Ravioli
- 4 PM- Barbara Bell – Meditative Drawing
- 12 Noon- Barbara Bell – Meditative Drawing
- 1 PM- Aleta Chandler -ArtCurious Gallery- pottery wheel
- 2 PM- Josette and Janey Gust -HomeSteep Herbal & JaneyLaughs
- 3 PM- To be determined
Saturday and Sunday:
- Ryan Gothrop – Mobile Glass Blowing
****Schedule is subject to change
Visit these regional galleries supporting Fine Art and Craft throughout the year:
Art in the Heart Gallery, Kingsport, TN
ArtCurious Gallery, Jonesborough
Carriage House, Kingsport, TN
Cindy Saadeh Fine Art Gallery, Kingsport, TN
Downtown Kingsport Association, Kingsport, TN
McKinney Center at Booker T. Washington School, Jonesborough, TN
Nelson Fine Art Center, Johnson City, TN
Suzanne Barrett Justis Fine Art Gallery, Kingsport, TN
The Birthplace of Country Music Museum, Bristol, VA
The Local, Johnson City TN
The 2017 National Carousel Fine Craft Show is presented by the Kingsport Office of Cultural Arts in partnership with Engage Kingsport and Tennessee Craft: Northeast.
About the Kingsport Carousel: This volunteer-led effort began in 2010 and resulted in a beautifully and lovingly refurbished 1956 Herschell Carousel with 32 hand-carved, hand-painted platform animals along with hand painted rounding boards, birds, butterflies and sweep animals. A beauty to behold and the work of over 300 volunteers. The Kingsport Carousel opened in 2015 and has hosted over 125,000 riders in less than 18 months of operation.
The Office of Cultural Arts (OCA), part of the City of Kingsport, connects, coordinates and engages the public with a creative community. The OCA works in tandem with Engage Kingsport, Inc., the “Friends of the Cultural Arts” group, a private, volunteer-led 501(c)3 non-profit community organization.
Tennessee Craft: Northeast, the regional chapter of Tennessee Craft, a statewide advocate for Tennessee’s handmade legacy, has partnered with the show to help promote Fine Craft in the region. Tennessee Craft strives to embrace the passion of the state’s first makers and the organizations’ founders by connecting today’s emerging and experienced artists and the public with resources and opportunities to make their mark on our state’s handmade legacy.