2017 National Carousel Fine Craft Show
Saturday, March 25 – Sunday, March 26th
Kingsport Farmers Market
308 Clinchfield Street
Kingsport, TN 37660
The National Carousel Fine Craft Show honors the handcrafted legacy of the amazing Kingsport Carousel. Fine Craft Exhibitors will show and sell works of heirloom quality in a wide variety of media including wood, photography, jewelry, glass, furniture, fiber, and clay. Talks and demonstrations are sprinkled throughout the 3 day festival that begins with a Preview Party inviting culinary and music artistry to share the stage. The fine art and craft exhibitors are from Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio and Indiana.
The Saturday and Sunday show and sale will feature many talks/demos including Glass Blowing and a round-up of the region’s favorite food trucks. Funds raised by this event will support the programs of Engage Kingsport which include public art programs, including the Kingsport Carousel, and economic development and community engagement through the arts. On Saturday and Sunday the $3 day pass is available at the door. More information visit www.EngageKingsport.com or call 423-392-8414.
The Artists and their booth numbers:
1. Members of Tennessee Craft: Northeast
Sarah Dorr – Clay/Johnson City, TN
Nancy Fischman – Clay/Johnson City, TN
Jim Oxandale – Clay/Jonesborough, TN
Jess Parks – Clay/Jonesborough, TN
Mary Porter – Clay/Kingsport, TN
Denise Pritchard – Wood/Limestone, TN
Anne Reid, Clay – Johnson City, TN
Russell Wagner – Wood/Jonesborough, TN
2. Doug Lowman – Furniture/Telford, TN
3. Janette Franich – Jewelry/Whittier, NC
4. Melanie Koenig – Fiber/Hampton, TN
5. Sandra Moore – Jewelry/Kingsport, TN
6. Sol Levine – Photography/Durham, NC
7. Joyce Smith – Fiber/Kingsport, TN
8. Dorata Roberts – Jewelry/Kingsport, TN
9. Josh Manning – Clay/Copper Hill, VA
10. Amy Brandenburg – Jewelry/Asheville, NC
11. Richard Dwyer – Wood/Gray, TN
12. Ansley Larsson – Jewelry/Memphis, TN
13. Karen Hitchcock – Glass/Johnson City, TN
14. Heather Applegate – Photography/Johnson City, TN
15. Seth Bickis – Glass/Madison, IN
16. Rikki Taylor – Clay/Knoxville, TN
17. Larry Drake – Jewelry/Nashville, TN
18. Patricia Statzer – Fiber/Cincinnati, OH
19. Linda Feagans – Jewelry/Murfreesboro, TN
20. Marc Tickle – Glass/Asheville, NC
21. Alyson Garvey – Jewelry/Mount Juliet, TN
22. Rex Redd – Clay/Oak Ridge, TN
23. Ruthie Cohen – Jewelry/Arden, NC
24. Matthew Newman – Wood/Damascus, VA
25. Courtney DeYoung – Jewelry/Columbus, OH
For a list of the Talks and demonstrations are sprinkled throughout the 3 day festival Click here!
The 2017 National Carousel Fine Craft Show is presented by the Kingsport Office of Cultural Arts in partnership with Engage Kingsport and Tennessee Craft: Northeast.
About the Kingsport Carousel: This volunteer-led effort began in 2010 and resulted in a beautifully and lovingly refurbished 1956 Herschell Carousel with 32 hand-carved, hand-painted platform animals along with hand painted rounding boards, birds, butterflies and sweep animals. A beauty to behold and the work of over 300 volunteers. The Kingsport Carousel opened in 2015 and has hosted over 125,000 riders in less than 18 months of operation.
The Office of Cultural Arts (OCA), part of the City of Kingsport, connects, coordinates and engages the public with a creative community. The OCA works in tandem with Engage Kingsport, Inc., the “Friends of the Cultural Arts” group, a private, volunteer-led 501(c)3 non-profit community organization.
Tennessee Craft: Northeast, the regional chapter of Tennessee Craft, a statewide advocate for Tennessee’s handmade legacy, has partnered with the show to help promote Fine Craft in the region. Tennessee Craft strives to embrace the passion of the state’s first makers and the organizations’ founders by connecting today’s emerging and experienced artists and the public with resources and opportunities to make their mark on our state’s handmade legacy.