Kingsport Farmer’s Market Rentals
For information on Birthday Parties at Kingsport Carousel Click Here
$250 for ½ day (Up to 8 hours)
$450 for full day (Greater than 8 hours)
Prep days/Take down days $80 a day in combination with a full day rental
The Kingsport Farmer’s Market facility was first opened on August 3, 2012. In addition to the Farmer’s Market activities, it is a mixed use space used for all sorts of events by the city and the general public.
It is rented out to the public on an ‘AS IS’ basis only. A limited number of chairs and tables are available for use, set up and break down of chairs and tables or other items is the responsibility of the party renting the space. We cannot guarantee the number of tables/chairs that are available. If you need more, it is recommended that you rent them. Rest rooms are available. Back hallway or upstairs access is prohibited. Trash cans and trash bags will be provided but it is the responsibility of the renter to move trash from facility to property dumpsters at the end of the event as well as the cleaning of the facility and parking lot. As per the Fire Marshall, hay, propane or other combustible material are NOT ALLOWED in the building.
Renter will be responsible for checking out key to facility from the Office of Cultural Arts prior to their reservation and return key after event. A copy of your driver’s license will be made and kept on file. The Kingsport Office of Cultural Arts is located on the second floor of the Renaissance Arts Center & Theatre, 1200 East Center Street, Room 224. They can be reached at (423) 392-8416.
Any cooking with Grease must have Class K Fire Extinguisher. All others must be a 5lb ABC or larger. Set up Diagram must be provided. All compressed gas cylinders must be secured. Use of PROPANE is prohibited inside of the Farmer’s Market facility.
Fire watch may be required for any event at the discretion of the Fire Marshall. If set up is on the weekend, it may require a weekend inspection by the Kingsport Fire Marshal’s office at a rate of 25.00 per hour with a 3 hour minimum.
Any event involving fireworks and/or more than 5 cooking vendors and/or when outside capacity exceeds indoor capacity at any venue will require a Fire Watch to be on duty. The cost for a Fire Watch is $25 an hour with a 3 hour minimum.
NOTE: Events that include deep frying cooking oil operations are required to have a grease pit on-site and contract with a grease waste hauler to handle the grease waste and removal of the grease pit. The primary event sponsor is required to remove all cooking grease from the site immediately after the event. Illegal dumping of cooking grease, or its’ introduction into the sanitary or storm sewer systems is prohibited and will be prosecuted.
Note* Saturdays & Wednesdays, April-November, Building is NOT Available before 2pm
COST: $250 for ½ day (Up to 8 hours) $450 for full day (Greater than 8 hours)
- Rentals require a half day minimum. Set-up and break-down times are part of the total rental time.
- Facility is rented ‘AS IS’. Restrooms are available. Water hose not furnished. No break-room, back hallway or upstairs access.
- Trash cans and trash bags will be provided but client must move trash from facility to property dumpsters in the parking lot at the end of the event.
- Renter will be responsible for checking out keys to the facility and the water supply from the Office of Cultural Arts prior to their reservation time and returning keys after the event. The Office of Cultural Arts is located on the second floor of the Kingsport Renaissance Center, 1200 East Center Street, Room 224.
- A deposit of $100 is due at the time the reservation is confirmed and can be applied to the total rental fee. Any reservation cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event will forfeit return of the deposit. Full payment is due 30 days before the event.
- Do not attach anything to the walls by using tape, tacks, staples or nails.
- NO SMOKING allowed in the Farmers Market. It is a smoke-free facility. Candles may be used, but the flame must be contained. No open flame.
- The renter will pay for costs incurred as a result of any damages to the facility, furnishings, equipment or grounds arising out of the use of the Farmer’s Market.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES must be kept within the building and approved areas, and must be purchased in Tennessee. Other restrictions may apply.
If yes, additional permit may be necessary from the Tennessee Alcohol Beverage Commission.
Guidelines can be found at http://www.tn.gov/abc/licensing
- Insurance: proof of $700,000 minimum insurance coverage for a one-time special event must be submitted with the rental payment, naming the City of Kingsport as an “additional insured”.
Depending of the type of event you are hosting, your event may require additional insurance. You will be notified if this requirement applies to your event.
For additional information on insurance see “The Pool” Tenant User Liability Insurance Program Guide:
- The renter will hold harmless the City of Kingsport, Tennessee, its officials, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, sureties and assigns or anyone acting on its behalf, from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, or causes of action of any kind, nature, and description, whether at law or in equity, now accrued or which hereafter may arise, whether known or unknown, arising out of any matter, cause, or event, arising in any way from the use of the premises under the terms of this contract.
Depending of the type of event you are hosting, your event may require additional insurance. You will be notified if this requirement applies to your event. For additional information on insurance Click Here: Presenting the Tenant User Liability Insurance Program How to Guide
KINGSPORT FARMER’S MARKET RENTAL INFORMATION:
- Farmer’s Market address: 308 Clinchfield Street, Kingsport TN 37660
- ALL GARBAGE MUST BE PUT IN ONE OF THE LARGE GREEN DUMPSTERS IN THE PARKING LOT AT THE END OF YOUR EVENT. Doors must be locked when you leave the facility.
- Please encourage your guests to park on the Clinchfield side of the Farmer’s Market. Additional parking on the weekends is available across the street at the Chamber of Commerce.
- All tables and chairs belonging to the Farmer’s Market must be put back on their racks at the end of your event. Additional Tables and Chairs, and other items may be rented from a local rental company.
- Prior to your event, please check out a key from the Office of Cultural Arts, 1200 East Center Street, Room 224, Kingsport, TN 37660. Keys must be checked out prior to 5 PM on Friday, as the office is not open on the weekends. Keys may be returned on the following Monday.
- For convenience of the renter, a key can be checked out from City Hall’s Information Desk for deliveries/pickups only, for up to an hour and must be returned to City Hall immediately following use.
- For more information call The City of Kingsport, Office of Cultural Arts at (423) 392-8414 (note: This office is open Monday-Friday, closed on Weekends)
Local rental companies:
For convenience of the renter, a key can be checked out from City Hall Information Desk for deliveries/pickups only and must be returned to City Hall immediately following use. Prior to your event please check out a key from City of Kingsport Office of Cultural Arts, Renaissance Arts Center & Theatre, 1200 East Center Street, Suite 224, Kingsport, TN 37660.
For more information contact the Office of Cultural Arts at (423) 392-8414